Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Import with variants is going wrong

Import with variants is going wrong

Yung Yi Wang

I upgraded from core 8.8.0.14 to => 8.8.1.14

I ran the import from the data integration and all products are displayed completly different in E-Commerce. We had one main product with variants and with the upgrade to the new core we are getting alot more with missing colors and size is placed as a color variant.

Why is this happening??

8-8-0-14.png 8-8-1-14.png

Replies

Yung Yi Wong

I still have this problem.

Can someone please respond/reply for this problem?? Updated to core 8.8.1.16 and get different result with import compared to 8.8.1.14

8-8-1-16.PNG

Nicolai Pedersen

So what happens if you downgrade and run the import again?

Do you have a link to this solution?

Yung Yi Wong

Problem with downgrade is we can't use "Remove missing rows after import" function in edit destination settings. We currently use "Deactivate missing products" so that the import succeeds, but we are getting products with empty names and the index building index will crash because of that.

link http://staging2.wolkyatwork.com

Nicolai Pedersen

Yes, but if you downgrade, will the import start run again? The reason I ask is I want to know if the exact same data source works in the previous version.

BR Nicolai

Yung Yi Wong

Yes it works with previous version (8.8.0.14), it hasn't worked yet with 8.8.1 core versions yet.

And the result of import run is also different with 8.8.1.14 compared to 8.8.1.16.

Nicolai Pedersen

We need more access to start look at the problem.

You must have 2 installations - one with 8.8.0 and one with 8.8.1 - I would like a link to both and a copy of the data you ar importing that behaves differently in one compared to the other.

Yung Yi Wong

Core 8.8.0.14: http://dealers.wolky.nl/Admin

Core 8.8.1.16 http://wolkydealer.staging2.innovadis.com/Admin

Please don't do anything crazy on the http://dealers.wolky.nl, because that is our live production server.

http://wolkydealer.staging2.innovadis.com is our test server.

Both servers are configured to import the same data file. The data file is being updated daily.

Process for import:

• In CMS go to modules>data integration.
    • First run “Product import – 1.Group”
    • Then run “Product import – 2.Product”
    • After that run “Product import – 3. Variant Group 1(Color)”
    • Last to run “Product import – 4. Product Groups” for import process

Also tested Core 8.9.0.0 in development environment and I get the same result as 8.8.1.16

Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Yung,
I see you are using your own or custom FTP source provider. To reproduce your problem I need the source files with products and variants in csv or xml format.
Could you attach them here or to some folder on your test site?
Regards, Dmitrij

Yung Yi Wong

Here is the latest import file.

Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Yung,
I was looking inside this file but I have not found the columns for relevant products or variant information.
The list of columns from this file: Artikel;Categorie1;Categorie2;Categorie3;Naam;Kleur;Materiaal;CD maatbalk;Datum;Sub;Maat-1;Aant-1;Maat-2;Aant-2;Maat-3;Aant-3;Maat-4;Aant-4;Maat-5;Aant-5;Maat-6;Aant-6;Maat-7;Aant-7;Maat-8;Aant-8;Maat-9;Aant-9;Maat-10;Aant-10;Maat-11;Aant-
So I don't know how this file can be imported to Dynamicweb using CSV to Dynamicweb Provider job.
Have you managed to run import of this file using those providers, if yes what is your mappings?

Yung Yi Wong

This is the code we are using for the Data Integration.

Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Yung,
The reason why you don't see the variants correctly is a missing information in the "EcomVariantgroupProductRelation" table.
I was checking the information for a sample product with ProductID "47341mistiquenubuck" from the test site:
SELECT * FROM EcomVariantgroupProductRelation where VariantgroupProductRelationProductID = '47341mistiquenubuck'

Which gave me that this product has only one relation to group "VARGRP1", however in the live site this same product has relations
to 2 groups: "VARGRP1" and "VARGRP2".
If I update the EcomVariantgroupProductRelation table with this this missed relation by sql:
insert into EcomVariantgroupProductRelation values('VARGRP247341mistiquenubuck ','47341mistiquenubuck', 'VARGRP2', 0, false)
on the test site, this product is showing fine with both variants groups.

I've found a reason of why this happens. You have 2nd job with importing products and it also imports relations to EcomVariantgroupProductRelation table with a const "VARGRP2",
and as "Remove missing rows" option is ON, the rest of relations are deleted (fx with VARGRP1).
The next is 3rd job which is importing relations to EcomVariantgroupProductRelation with a const "VARGRP1" and also "Remove missing rows" option is ON,
so rest of realtions with "VARGRP2" are deleted. So this must be fixed in order to see the products correctly.

Regards, Dmitrij

Yung Yi Wong

Thanks Dmitrij, I changed the "Remove missing rows" on step 2 and 3.

But how am I able to remove the missing rows that doesn't exit?

Dmitriy Benyuk

Maybe you can combine the import to the EcomVariantgroupProductRelation table to be in one job with importing all needed data into 2 groups with "Remove misssing rows" ON.
If this is not your choice you can subscribe to the notification "Integration.JobFinished" in your custom provider project/solution and remove the missed data by your own custom code with direct sql approach.

You must be logged in to post in the forum