Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Shipmondo and address copying

Shipmondo and address copying

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

As it turns out, Shipmondo can return drop locations that have an address field that is too long to fit in the ERP's order record. As an example, here's what I got back from them for "address line 2": "Kein Barverkauf, keine Annahme von XL-Paketen und nur Annahme bis max. 25 kg möglich."

That data is copied to the order like this:

if (SaveParcelShopAddressInDeliveryAddress)
                            {
                                order.DeliveryCompany = selectedServicePoint.company_name;
                                order.DeliveryAddress = selectedServicePoint.address;
                                order.DeliveryAddress2 = selectedServicePoint.address2;
                                order.DeliveryZip = selectedServicePoint.zipcode;
                                order.DeliveryCity = selectedServicePoint.city;
                                order.DeliveryCountryCode = selectedServicePoint.country;
                                order.ShippingMethodAgentCode = selectedServicePoint.carrier_code;
                            }

The user can never edit that field so a Validation Rule constraining the length won't help.

What would be a good extensibility point to use and clip the data? We're using OData integration, so I can't use the standard XML subscribers for order XML generation that I would with LI.

Thanks!

Imar

Replies

You must be logged in to post in the forum